Roasted Tomato Hummus
For some reason, I like different flavors of hummus, but I'm not a fan of just regular old chickpea hummus. Which is why this recipe, among lots of other great hummus ideas, is so fun - hummus is so versatile. There are hundreds of options of this healthy dip, and roasted tomato is just one of them! Tell us in the comments - what are some of your favorite hummus compilations?!
What You'll Need:
- 4 pints cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons + 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ~10 cups chick peas (#10 can)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Toss cherry tomatoes and onion slices with 2 tablespoons of garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, and sugar and roast in the oven on 350-degrees for 25-30 minutes, until the outsides of the tomatoes are just charred.
2. In a food processor, mix chick peas, lemon juice, tahini, honey, remaining garlic, and the roasted tomatoes. While the food processor is on, stream in 1 1/2 cups of olive oil, until hummus comes together and is completely smooth. Chill for two hours.
3. Optional: When serving, make a shallow well in the middle of the hummus and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the top with smoked paprika and serve with baked pita.