One morning I was making breakfast and I guess my husband could smell the bacon. Even though he had already eaten before I did, who wouldn't be excited for bacon popping in the pan? Little did he know I was planning to make this outstanding slaw recipe! Unfortunately for him, he doesn't like coleslaw, and his exact words, "Way to waste the bacon."
If you're a coleslaw fan, fear not! You will not have wasted any bacon here, but instead, created a one-of-a-kind creamy slaw that compliments the crunchy taco shell, and spicy eggs. It's a mash-up that belongs on any breakfast menu!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 4 pieces thick-cut bacon, crispy and chopped
- 1 bag shredded cole slaw mix
- 4 whole eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 6 crispy corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients together. Fold in bacon crumbles. Add dressing to shredded cabbage and mix well. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
2. In the same skillet used to cook the bacon, add whisked eggs and cook on medium-low heat until cooked through. Add sriracha, salt, and pepper to taste.
3. Divide the scrambled eggs among the six corn tortillas. Top with one tablespoon of cheddar cheese on each taco. Add bacon slaw to the top, and enjoy! It would also be great with fresh salsa!