Goat Cheese Pesto
I usually don't like to post recipes of things that aren't wholly from scratch. I guess I always thought if I didn't make every aspect of the recipe, it wasn't mine to pass off. But then I realized that's stupid, and prepared foods can definitely come in handy every now and then. Especially in this recipe that is perfect for a weeknight meal because it takes roughly 15 minutes, from start to finish. So if you get home at 8:00 or later most nights (like me!); or the kids have football practice, and dance class, and a school play; or if you're looking for a great sauce to put on top of or mix into just about anything - here it is! Enjoy!
- 1 package ravioli, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 2 tbsp grated Parm
- 2 portobellos, grilled, optional
1. Bring a pot of water to boil, add salt, and cook ravioli until floating and al dente, according to package directions.
2. In a saucepan, combine pesto and buttermilk and simmer on medium-high heat. Turn burner to low, and whisk in goat cheese until melted completely into sauce. Add Parmesan and do the same.
3. Arrange ravioli in a dish and top with the portobello mushrooms (you could use an array of toppings for this: crab, shrimp, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, roasted red peppers, etc.). Pour sauce over pasta creation and finished with an extra handful of Parmesan cheese and some torn basil. Enjoy!