Simple White Wine Roasted Chicken
Simple. Flavorful. All-around great meal for the entire family. This recipe is almost as easy as a crock pot recipe, because there's hardly any fuss, and you can do lots of other things while your chicken is cooking. The chicken stays moist, and the vegetables are full of flavor. Try this tonight! (And serve it with some mashed potatoes!)
What You'll Need:
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 medium Vidalia onion
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds of dark meat chicken, legs and thighs
- Salt, pepper, paprika
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Roughly chop celery, carrots, and onion into medium-sized pieces. Toss vegetables, olives, and dried spices in a large Pyrex (or an oven-safe) dish with white wine and olive oil, coating all ingredients liberally.
2. Lay chicken pieces on top of the coated vegetables, skin-side up, and season to your liking with salt and pepper, and liberally with paprika. Cover with foil and put in a 400-degree oven for one hour, or until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 165-degrees.
3. Put the oven on broil, and remove the foil from the dish. Broil the chicken for 5 more minutes, until the skin crisps. Place chicken pieces on a platter and add the butter to the vegetables and stir until melted. Spoon vegetables and broth over chicken and enjoy!