Orange Cinnamon Roll Cake
Hey, look at me, I made something sweet! To be fair, I used prepared ingredients and only made the orange glaze from "scratch", but it was delicious and very, very simple - which is the best part! It only took a few ingredients and about 15 minutes plus cooking time. If you are looking for an easy dessert for a fun night with friends, or a treat for a sweet morning with the kiddies, this is it! Also, feel free to add different items to the glaze; I used orange zest, but I'm thinking lime zest with a hint of coconut could take this simple dessert to the next level. Enjoy!
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction; Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake
What You'll Need:
- 2 cans Pillsbury Place 'N Bake Crescent Rounds
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups 10x powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 small orange
1. Begin by opening your crescent rounds and separating them in to 16 rolls. Unroll so you have 16 long pieces of dough. Brush each with melted butter and generously cover the dough with the cinnamon and sugar.
2. Roll one piece of dough back to the original shape and place in the center of a greased pie pan. With the remaining dough, wrap each piece around the center over and over, until you have one large cinnamon bun. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 15-18 minutes, making sure the outside is golden brown and the middle is cooked through and not doughy. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk 10x sugar and milk until smooth. Whisk in the orange zest and vanilla until incorporated. Finish the cinnamon bun cake by pouring the glaze on the middle of the cake and letting it run over the sides and all around. Finish with a little extra zest and viola! Enjoy!