Another successful "Educational Seasoning" at Garrison Forest occurred this past Wednesday, and this one was all about "GREENS!" While we are given "suggested menus" to use for these such seasonings, I always like to come up with my own options. For the GREENS! seasoning, I decided to create Grilled Romaine Hearts with Corn Salsa and Chive Cream Sauce, Bibb Lettuce Wraps with Asian Slaw, Italian Broccoli Rabe with White Beans, and this recipe - Roasted Kale and Artichoke Dip. The GREENS! seasoning suggested the use of spinach in some items, but I used spinach for the last seasoning, so I swapped it out for it's also-healthy counterpart, and came up with this kale dip recipe. Have fun with this one, it will feed about 25-30 people! Here are some pictures of the other items we had...
What You'll Need:
- 2 bunches kale, stems trimmed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, enough to coat kale
- Salt and pepper
- (5) 14-oz. cans artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
1. Chop kale into bite-sized pieces and coat with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and lay onto baking sheets and put in a 350-degree oven for about 7 minutes. Keep a close eye on it, kale turns dark very quickly.
2. In a large bowl, mix the kale, chopped artichoke hearts, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, and 2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese with a hand mixer or spatula until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a pyrex dish and sprinkle the last cup of Swiss on top.
3. Cover with tin foil and put in a 350-degree oven for about 20 minutes, until warmed through. Remove tin foil and bake for another 10 minutes, until cheese bubbles and browns. Serve with crackers, toasted flatbread, pita, etc. Enjoy!