The first weekend day after a big weekday grocery store trip is always fun! There are so many options in the pantry and fridge, and so many decisions to make regarding what to cook. I haven't made breakfast in a while, so I opted for that. Remember, pizza doesn't always mean red sauce and white cheese - that's the beauty of pizza when you want to be creative; I like to treat the dough as a blank canvas for whatever mood I'm in! Also, if you have children, they will really love this breakfast pizza, as it is generally easy to make, so they can assist in the kitchen - and it is very fun to eat! Load it up in the end with some spiced ketchup, Tabasco sauce, sour cream, fresh salsa, and more! Enjoy :-)
What You'll Need:
- 1 pizza dough
- 4 tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 potatoes, shredded or thinly sliced
- Paprika, salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp. fresh salsa
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1. Roll out your pizza dough onto a baking sheet and bring to room temperature. Bake in 425-degree oven for 4 minutes on each side so your dough is nice and crisp.
2. In a skillet, melt 2 tbsp. of butter and add your potatoes to the pan. Season nicely with paprika, salt, and pepper. When the potatoes start to brown, add 1 tbsp. chopped chives and the ham. Finish cooking the potatoes until soft, letting the ham warm through and develop flavor. Transfer to a bowl and reserve. Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, whisk 6 eggs, salsa, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Add to the same skillet, and cook until the eggs are slightly undercooked.
3. Slather cream cheese evenly on pizza dough. Cover with potato-ham mixture, and top that with almost-finished eggs. Top generously with cheddar cheese. Finish in the oven for about 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust has browned all the way around. Enjoy!