Honey-Balsamic Glazed Chicken
While searching the 'net for balsamic chicken recipes, each one I came across was basic and boring. Balsamic in a pan until reduced, spoon over chicken-type thing. I wanted to create something more, something better, something with a bit more flavor profiles. Therefore, doing what I normally do, which is search my pantry and fridge until I find ingredients I think will work, I put together this recipe! It was quick and easy - pair it with some orange-infused rice for a beautiful weeknight dinner!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper, paprika
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. spicy honey mustard
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
1. Swirl a pan with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Season your chicken liberally with salt, pepper, and paprika. Place chicken in the hot pan, and cook until the outside has a nice crust on both sides. About 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet.
2. In the same pan used for the chicken, combine balsamic, honey, brown sugar, mustard, sesame seeds, and garlic. Whisk until incorporated and cook over medium heat until balsamic has reduced and becomes thick. Using a basting brush, brush the chicken breasts with the balsamic reduction. Leave some sauce for drizzling.
3. Bake in a 350-degree oven until the chicken has cooked through and the balsamic has become sticky - about 25-30 minutes. Either slice and serve or leave whole. Brush with remaining balsamic reduction and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy over orange-infused rice!