Hey! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, readers! This morning's post is based on Christmas dinner, and the tasty meals you can make using your leftovers! I think one of the most versatile holiday dishes is ham. From Applewood smoked ham, to sliced ham for deli sandwiches, to bone-in glazed ham - it's one of those things that you can eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This leftover ham recipe, in particular, is an easy fix in the morning. If you have family in town, it is sure to impress - but it won't leave you slaving by the stove all morning. Read on to find out more...
What You'll Need (for 4 triangles)
- 1 tbsp. butter or cooking spray
- 2 oz. leftover ham, diced
- 2 oz. fresh spinach leaves
- 1 egg white + 1 whole egg
- 1.5 tbsp. sour cream, divided in half
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1 10-inch flour tortilla
- 1/2 tbsp. your favorite salsa
- 4 oz. shredded cheese, Mexican blend
1. Grease a non-stick skillet with either the butter or spray with cooking spray. Add the leftover diced ham to the pot and warm-through until slightly browned. Add the spinach and wilt.
2. Whisk the egg white, whole egg, 3/4 tbsp. sour cream (for fluffy eggs!), salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika together in a bowl. Mix thoroughly until sour cream has dissolved and eggs are whisked. Add eggs to the pan, and cook on medium heat, mixing occasionally, until eggs have cooked through.
3. On a panini press, lay your tortilla down. Spread with the rest of the sour cream, salsa, and 2 oz. of shredded cheese. Top with your scrambled eggs and finish with the rest of the cheese. Fold your tortilla in half, and grill on your panini press until the cheese has melted, and the tortilla has browned. Dollop with a touch of salsa, and enjoy!