I realized I had forgotten a few side dish recipes in my "BEST Thanksgiving Side Dish Challenge". I had promised recipes for all of the Sweet Sixteen finalists, and I left a few out. One of those being Balsamic Green Beans. Technically, I didn't forget to make them. I made them to bring to Thanksgiving dinner, but when I took them to Jersey, I forgot to take pictures of the final product, and I don't like to post recipes without original pictures. Luckily, at school (which is really work) the other night, we served green beans for dinner and I wanted to doctor them up so they weren't simply steamed. I made them into Balsamic Green Beans and got to photograph them for The Community Plate. Read on for the easy details:
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
1. Snip the ends of your green beans and transfer them to a pot of rapidly boiling water. Boil until al dente, and quickly submerge in a large bowl of ice water.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste.