It's hard to write a recipe when the directions are difficult to convey through words. I found out today, it's also very hard to write a recipe when the directions are super easy, too! I keep thinking I'm not giving enough detail -- and then I realize -- you mix all the ingredients together. Can't get quite easier than that.
Chopping all of your ingredients will be the hardest part about this spicy pasta salad with all your favorite flavors from the football season (or any season, really) go-to appetizer, Buffalo Wings! The only thing missing is the bleu cheese, which you are more than welcome to add -- I just despise it. This recipe is also a "party recipe", because it is going to feed about 35-50 people.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tbsp. each: salt, pepper, onion powder, celery salt
- 3 cups Frank's buffalo sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 pounds cooked penne or farfalle
- 5 pounds cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, finely chopped
- 1 pound pepper jack cheese, diced
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 pound provolone cheese, diced
- 2 cups chopped green onions
1. Make a dried spice blend by mixing the salt, pepper, onion powder, and celery salt. Whisk together with the next 3 ingredients.
2. In a large serving bowl, mix the pasta, chopped chicken, celery, all cheeses, and green onions.
3. Pour your hot sauce mixture over the pasta, mixing with your hands (it's A LOT easier than using a spoon). Incorporate well. Refrigerate until ready-to-use!