What You'll Need:
- 7 lbs. finely shredded chicken (I used canned white meat chicken to save time)
- 1 bottle of Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. celery salt
- 8 oz. bag of shredded cheddar cheese OR a 4 oz. bag of shredded cheddar and 4 oz. of crumbled Bleu cheese (I hate Bleu Cheese!)
- 2 packages of Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup flour
- 4 sleeves of Ritz crackers, finely minced (like breadcrumbs) Separate into 2 and 2.
- 4 eggs, beaten with a tablespoon of milk or heavy cream
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl. The chicken will need to be broken up with a fork to shred it to a good consistency. Add one packet of the Ranch salad dressing mix to the chicken. Fold all ingredients with each other until all the chicken is covered with the hot sauce, and the spices and cheese are mixed through. Add 2 sleeves of the finely minced Ritz crackers to the bowl and mix that thoroughly, too -- the crackers are just to make the chicken mixture a little bit thicker for rolling good balls ;)
Using a tablespoon or a melon-baller, roll medium-sized balls and place on a baking sheet or a large dish (this recipe will probably make close to 60 balls, depending on size, so you'll need a big plate). After you have rolled each ball until your mixture is gone, cover the balls with plastic and put in the fridge. They'll be easier to handle if they are colder/slightly hardened.
Meanwhile, get three shallow bowls. Fill one with the flour, one with the beaten egg mixture, and one with a combination of the second packet of Ranch dressing mix as well as the remaining Ritz crackers. When you retrieve the balls from the fridge, start by rolling them, one-by-one, first in the flour, then the egg, then coating them with the Ritz-Ranch cracker combo (say that three times fast!).
*Pictures (besides the crappy paper-towel one) courtesy of http://soufflebombay.blogspot.com/!